Funny story from yesterday...

So yesterday after the Water Gardens, Michael, Ezra, and I went to Macarroni Grill for lunch. After we were done splitting a lunch plate we were packing up left overs and a bus boy (he was white by the way) came up to us and was like, "Wow, I've never seen that before." Me thinking he meant 2 people haveing left overs after splitting a meal was like "oh yeah, we still couldn't finish it".. and he looked kind of confused, and he's like, "No, I didn't know that 2 white people could have a black baby!". Michael said, "well he's from Ethiopia" - which really made the guy confused I think, so I said very slowly and clearly, "He's ADOPTED, he's from
A F R I C A." I think only then did the light bulb go off. When he walked away Michael and I were rolling!

On another note, I spoke with one of the adoption coordinators with the agency that has the 7 year old boy we're interested in and I'm trying not to get too excited about him but last night I filled out their application just "in case" :) We would have to come up with $8500 really quickly since some of the funds are due at the time of referral just like AWAA and that's what scares me the most is the money. But I was told that there haven't been any other families inquiring about him :(
so I really feel like again that is God's way to telling me that he should be ours. I'm just being cautiously optimistic and trusting in the Lord that everything will work out. So for now we are praying about it more and I'm working on fundraising ideas.

Comments

Bliss said…
Becky,
That cracked me up. Wonder what he would of thought if he saw us with a Chinese girl and an Ethiopian girl. His head may just exploded.
Blessings,
Bliss
Kari said…
Hilarious story & WOWWW on the special boy you have fallen in love with. We will pray that God will provide what you need!!!
xoxo
haha - if Rosoce and I were there, Roscoe would have played right along - he's super white Irish and I'm scandinavian white - with a very dark baby :) Roscoe is just dying for the opportunity to play up a moment like that. Although, I truly though noone would ever ever seriously inquire!?!?!? LOL
Bethany Taylor said…
HA HA HA!! That story has be rolling! I had a 7 yr old boy ask me the same thing. We were at the park playing and there were 2 black children there with their mom. He saw me and asked if I was F and T's babysitter and I said no, that I was their mom. Then Joshua walked up and he was like, "Woah, is he their dad?" I said yes, and he said, "How did you have a black baby!" =)I laughed out loud it was so cute! It ended up that the family was actually from Ethiopia and I had a great conversation with there mom.

Popular Posts