Decisions, decisions...


So I heard through another Aledo family's blog that the DRC (Democratic Republic of the Congo) had opened up for international adoption. Apparently this happened some time ago after we got Ezra but I had no idea. I've been in contact with a family who adopted a baby boy from there and it sounds very encouraging. It should be relatively inexpensive and quick if we go the route that they did. Of course this is all just hypothetical seeing as how we're still broke and I still really want a baby girl but if we decide to go with the DRC then we'll likely get another boy next. The need is great and again I see the you tube videos of these kids and it just breaks my heart. Since they are not a Hague convention country the whole process seems a lot less of a hassle and the in country stay is only one week. We'll see... I'm still waiting for the Lord to give me the push that I need to go forward with either the DRC or with foster to adopt. Decisions, decisions... in the mean time I'm working my tail off to try to save up some money. It's great if the process is faster but at the same time you have to come up with the money quicker. The main thing with the DRC is that they don't allow families with 2 kids to adopt (they may make some exceptions but I don't know what the criteria are). So if we are going to do it then we need to do it now before we get our next child. In the mean time I'm trying to learn how to work photoshop, layering things, etc. I'm watching all of these tutorials and I'm still lost as a goose :)

Just a few pics of some Congolese Orphans


Comments

Ryan and Ashlie said…
Oh the pictures are heart breaking! Thanks for sharing this post, who knows what God has planned for our family....maybe Congo????
Becky said…
I have not heard of this program but it caught my interest! What agency does this program???? I am so ready for baby #2!
Stephanie said…
I also would be interested in knowing which agency they used?

Popular Posts