Zoo Date

All last week we were trapped indoors b/c of the snow storms AND it's supposed to snow again on Wednesday so since it wasn't too cold today and the sun was shining I decided that Ezra and I needed to have one of our lunch dates.

Today's venue was the Fort Worth Zoo. They have a new indoor "Museum of Living Art" exhibit which is great b/c it's nice and toasty inside.




This Kimono Dragon was AMAZING! I couldn't believe how big he was.


My only complaint about having an African child is that he's so hard to photograph! If there are dim lights I can assure you that you won't be able to see him at least not with the flash on my crummy little camera, so I appologize for the quality of this photo but I had to manipulate it so much just so you can see his expression. I guess he wasn't too impressed with the saltwater crocodile!



He did appreciate this little tortoise though. When he'd get close to the glass the tortoise would get mad and open his mouth really wide and Ezra just thought that was the funniest thing ever!






Haitian cockroaches... yuck... I can't imagine finding that in my house.


Ezra loved the snakes and I couldn't believe how gorgeous this Gaboon viper was. His head is HUGE - Yikes!


Here are some of the smaller vipers:


Ezra loved the aquarium portion and I asked him to show me his turtle face - here it is:



This is his fish face...



I said, "Ezra look at all the fishies aren't they cute!". He replied, "He's like Nemo... I wanna eat em'."



Ezra really liked the baby flamingo...


Most of the animals outside weren't on exhibit b/c there was still a lot of snow on the ground. This gorilla had the right idea and was all cuddled up for a nap...


These pictures show now scale what so ever but you can see that 2 of the waterfalls and the pools in the Tiger's exhibit completely froze over. To put the amount of ice into perspective these are full grown palm trees you're looking at in the background!


Comments

Popular Posts