Potentially happy news...

I have "potentially" happy news b/c we were selected to be represented by our domestic adoption agency for a hearing for another little boy! He's 1 year old, African American, and just simply breathtaking :) He has no developmental or medical issues and I really really hope they pick us!

The hearing is Tuesday so I had to overnight a shutterfly family photo album to the caseworker where he is. The agency representatives of all of the selected families will discuss and decide which one would be the best fit for this particular child. For more info on matched adoption you can click HERE to be redirected to my post on this subject.

Matched adoption is hard. If you want a young child it's a long wait and can be heartbreaking when your family is not selected BUT it's basically FREE which is awesome and in the state of TX a child adopted through CPS will receive paid college and even paid medical school/dental school/trade school, etc. So in our case it's a no brainer. Please keep us in your prayers and I'll let you guys know what happens.

Comments

Jenni said…
keeping you in my prayers...
Deena said…
Great news Becky! I just had a meeting with our social worker for our last post placement visit, and I actually asked her about "matched" adoptions...don't think it is an option here.
I will be praying for you on Tuesday!!!

Popular Posts