3 months of dieting update...

So I have been eating clean and exercising for 3 months now and have now lost a total of 46 pounds. This month I lost 12 #'s total which is okay. Every month it seems like my weight loss has decreased and that's to be expected so I'm okay with it. I have allowed myself more "little cheats" every now and then. Part of me feels so guilty when I do eat a few extra calories or when I eat something processed or something with sugar BUT I have to keep reminding myself that I am not on a dead-line. I can continue this weight loss journey at my own pace and I don't have to meet some magical end date. Of course I would LOVE for the weight to fall off as quickly as possible. I've tried exercising more, eating less calories, eating more calories and I have found that really no matter what I seem to do my body just wants to lose about a pound every 4 days or so so I'm just trying to keep calm and carry on :) haha I find myself lately CRAVING chocolate and baked goods. Instead I'll try to munch on peaches, apples, etc. But I find myself just eating too much fruit instead of satisfying the urge for a brownie. Then I feel guilty for eating so many calories from fruit. I tell ya... dieting basically is just one big guilt trip. In 3 months I haven't missed more then 24 hours b/w work outs and the last 2 days I've skipped out on running. I hurt my ankle so I was trying to rest it and this morning I couldn't hop out of bed quickly enough to get on the elliptical b/c I had so much anxiety about skipping a work out. I did mow my grass yesterday though so I'm going to count that anyway :) I'm just saying this because if you guys have been on a weight loss journey or you're planning to start soon just be prepared to deal with hunger pangs, planning ahead, guilt, and lots of mental games with yourself. Like tomorrow we're going to a birthday party and I could kill for some cake right now, so today I have to plan for what I want to eat tomorrow. Right now I still have to lose 22 #'s NOT to be considered overweight for my height. Then I'd like to lose another 20#'s after that be in the middle of my "healthy" weight range for my height. Ugh... seems daunting at times but my closet is half full since I've been able to literally delete half of my wardrobe. I'm back in my size 12 pants and size med/large tops which is truly a huge improvement on where I was before. I have been slacking on logging my calorie intake on my "track and tap" app b/c I just got lazy but I can't tell you enough how important it is to log what you eat. I am a bad snacker and lately that + not logging what I'm eating has come back to bite me in the butt. Hopefully I'll come to you next month saying I'm only 10 #'s away from not being overweight then the next month I'll be "healthy"!!! I can't wait to be able to say that I'm not overweight!

Comments

Popular Posts